Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sticking With Us Like a Bad Love Song

So here I am after a medication change with my girl that seemed to calm down some of the irritability.  Only now, not so much.  It's bad.  Little cutting remarks, sometimes big ones, like nobody likes me, don't I know that already?  Like she absolutely hates the new color on our wall and she can't have anybody over because they would hate it, too, and she would tell them that , yeah, she hates it, her mother picked it out. And hand flicking to get me away.  Blech.

This is no fun.  I have recently come to the place where I realize that I can no longer live in crisis mode (you'd think I would have discovered that years ago), but I have to try to have some sort of calm and normalcy in the midst of this tornado.  For her.  For me.  I feel selfish.  How can I have normalcy when she continues to be in turmoil?  When it feels like she hates me?

I am realizing that after medication change and adjustment over and over, the thing that has helped her the most has been the yeast detox diet.  Which is so. darn. hard.  And when we did it before she was 8.  She is now 10.

But it's the only thing.  We've been swimming out in an ocean of much needed medications and "quick" (ha) fixes, but I have to turn around now and swim back to that island that seems so far away.  Kicking yeast to the curb.

I have my stash of diflucan and nystatin and garlic that I have been hoarding, and I'm going to be picking up a couple of more natural antifungals.  We're all going to do it (including Daddy this time).  And I'm starting with 28 days but telling them we have to see where we are after 28 days.

Off to plan the menu.  If you are doing yeast detox, let me know.  Maybe we can "rah-rah" each other.

Oh, yeah....my favorite yeast book ever... Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook.  Awesome.  (But still having to search for kid-friendly recipes.)  I've read some of the reviews, and all I can say is....often ignorance is bliss....For us, we know this stuff is real.  It worked before.  Pray for us that it works again (and that we can be more complete).

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=book+candida+yeast+everything&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1434&bih=789&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6957211617341954337&sa=X&ei=2MulT9WiMYi22gWq39TfDw&ved=0CHUQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment